What’s Been Inspiring Our Shine Teacher Training Group ~ December 2021
- Jane Goodall has been on the media circuit with her new book. She co-authored, “The Book of Hope: A Survival Guide for Trying Times,” with Douglas Abrams. Douglas Abrams also wrote, “The Book of Joy” which features conversations between The Dalai Lama and Archbishop Desmond Tutu. Both books are full of love and wisdom.
- I also loved hearing Jane Goodall with Terri Gross on the On Being podcast.
- Along with being a regular listener to On Being, I also regularly listen to the Rich Roll podcast. He came to notoriety as an ultra racer but he is so much more than that. He has in depth conversations with a wide range of guests that center around mindful living.
- Our turned our conversation turned toward astrology and tarot and I have a lot of favorites to share in those departments.
- Chani Nicholas is rocking my world in inspired living based on the symbolism that is activated in the stars. I use The Chani app and pay for the upgraded info but the free part is chock full of inspirations too. Chani also sends an email newsletter out. Check out her website https://chaninicholas.com/
- I second recommending a lot of the astrology inspiration down here in Alodie’s section as well.
- A few of my favorite tarot/oracle decks are:
- Paulina Tarot by Paulina Cassidy (she has a BUNCH of pretty decks!) This is my favorite deck.
- The Wild Unknown Archetypes Deck by Kim Krans
- The Beauty of the Tarot by our very own Branda Villa
- The parenting book I mentioned was “The Spirited Child” by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka
- I also mentioned Rebecca Campbell. She’s got a new year’s visioning program coming out which I’m thinking about joining. Check her work out at https://rebeccacampbell.me
- Alodie is loving….
- From S.H. loving the Ap – “Waking Up” with Sam Harris
- From SB – music! And Reiki practitioner Maria Kammerer: https://www.attunecincinnati.com
- From VK –
- podcast: “It’s Been a Minute” with Sam Sanders
- Website/newsletter https://www.themarginalian.org
- Author Anne Lamont – Book “Operating Instructions”
- From VK –
- Podcasts SG enjoys: “How Did This Get Made,” “Comedy Bang Bang,” Ghost of a Podcast,” “Hypocondriacht”
- From SM:
- The book “Yoke: My Yoga of Self-Acceptance” by Jessamyn Stanley
- Podcasts: SmartLess and The Human Design Podcast
- book – Brene Brown’s “The Gifts of Imperfection”
- Brene’s podcast: Unlocking Us
- Movement Specialist: Katie Bowman https://www.nutritiousmovement.com
- TV: Netflix Love on the Spectrum
- Says Wendy’s classes are supercharged with inspiration these days
- Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year by Joan Borysenko (she’s got a lot of other good work out there too)
- Mark Nepo’s The Book of Awakening
- We finished of our conversation throwing out lots of tarot/oracle deck names. Some that I caught included:
- Cards by Paulina Cassidy – lots of whimsical decks
- Decks by Kim Krans, including above mentioned The Wild Unknown Archetyps
- Motherpeace Tarot
- Wayhome Tarot
- The Moon Deck
- Many decks by Doreen Virtue
- Starchild Tarot
- Chrysalis Tarot
- Mystical Shaman
- Medicine Cards – native American spirit animal cards
- Popular original decks include: Rider-Waite, Thoth, and Etteilla
We also talked about some meditation resources.