The truth is I live on the edge of overwhelmed. My life is busy and full. I enjoy life and all it’s possibilities. I put myself out there and I like to offer the same opportunities for my kids – as long as they want them. That leaves us short on time but full on adventure. Meals need to be quick and healthy to keep us both going and grounded. This quick sauce is the perfect complement to pretty much anything and makes quick cook veggies feel a little more special. My intention for starting this blog was to record and share healthy lifestyle habits. This recipe was worth taking the time to sit down and write it out;-)
In a blender, whiz up….
- 1 roughly chopped red bell pepper
- 1 small tomato (you could also use a couple Tb. of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup slivered or basic blanched almonds
- 1-2 cloves of smashed garlic – or – 1 shallot diced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tb. balsamic vinegar (I’m sure any vinegar would be fine)
- 1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce (more if you like it hot)
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
Once veggies are blended…. stream in a couple of Tb. of olive oil with the blender still running to give the sauce volume. enjoy.