Today’s recipe was inspired by Kristie’s “The Mostly Vegan” blog. Here’s the link to her recipe. http://www.themostlyvegan.com/page/4/.
I forgot to soak the cashew’s for her Chipotle Cashew Crema so as usual there was some improv happening in our kitchen. With the kids home for summer break, I’m trying to keep many balls rolling and am working while the kids are home. I was so happy to have my 11 year old step up and do the veggie chopping and cooking! Way to go B! Here’s what we came up with for dinner tonight…
Veggie Saute for Burrito Filling
In a large saute pan, layer in:
- 1 Tb. olive oil
- 1 sweet potato, small dice
- once the sweet potato has softened add: 1 large zucchini, small dice
- cook for a few more minutes and then add about 15oz. cooked & rinsed black beans
- about 1.5 cups (non-GMO) corn kernels
Mix in a high speed blender:
- 1 avocado
- small handful of cilantro leaves
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- (many recipes use 1/2 cup of yogurt or sour cream – you can use some olive oil – or just skip)
- 1-2 Tb. water to bring it to the consistency of your liking
- a little heat – I like a few drops of Jalepeno Tobasco or Dried Chipotle Pepper – chili flake or black pepper all would be fine
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder – a fresh clove would be just as good
- salt to taste 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. should do nicely
Wrap it up!
We went for tortillas but the healthier choice as suggested in the original recipe is a nice strong lettuce leaf.
Savor and Enjoy!